Fire survival guidance consultation
Closing Date: 05/02/2021
Consultation Status: Closed
The consultation for the National Operational Guidance for fire survival guidance has now commenced. The consultation will close at midday on Friday 5 February 2021.
The document has been created to guide fire control personnel when providing fire survival guidance to a single call, however the guidance can be applied multiple times.
Due to project priorities and associated deadlines, it has been necessary to release this guidance as a partial document. Under normal circumstances the full suite of survival guidance would be completed prior to peer review and consultation. This document includes fire survival guidance within a building, however the final document will be a suite of fire survival guidance across a variety of incidents.
The document provides guidance on the practical application of fire survival guidance from the point where it has been established that the people at risk are unable to evacuate the building. It has been written to compliment other pieces of guidance including emergency call management – people at risk.
Emergency call management – people at risk will cover guidance which is applicable to all calls involving people at risk including:
- Evacuation guidance
- Reassurance to callers
- Multiple calls about people at risk
- Joint situational awareness
What happens after the consultation has closed?
All the consultation responses will be considered by the content team with appropriate amendments made, prior to the draft guidance being presented to the Project board. If you have any questions about the consultation, please email FireCPO@nationalfirechiefs.org.uk
How to participate in the consultation
- We recommend that you read the revised draft content before completing your review; this is important as some of the content in the current publication has been revised, relocated or combined; content that is contained in other pieces of guidance has been removed to avoid duplication
- Please click here to see a draft online version of Fire survival guidance a PDF version is available here
- The change control at the start of the pdf file provides a summary of and rationale for any significant changes
- Hyperlinks to places within this guidance, or to other sections of guidance may not currently function; this will be addressed at point of publication
- Please provide sufficient detail in your comments for us to determine what content they relate to, along with the page number of the pdf document without the tracked changes
- Read through all the questions in the Fire survival guidance survey before starting the consultation
- It is not mandatory to respond to all the survey questions; you are welcome to only complete those areas that you have an interest or expertise in
- Please be aware that you will need to complete the survey in one session; for this reason, we strongly suggest that you capture your responses either in a Word document or the survey pdf before transferring them into the online survey, so that you will not lose your feedback in the event of technical issues
- When you are ready, please click on this link to complete the survey: Fire survival guidance
Thank you for taking the time to complete the consultation survey. Your views are important to us.