Expression of Interest Control Competent Transferees – Firefighter, Crew Manager and Watch Manager – Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service are one of the UK’s leading Fire and Rescue Services for responding and innovation. We pride ourselves in striving to ‘Create the Safest Community’ and our dedicated, and diverse workforce are committed to delivering this.
The Service values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce that represents the communities we serve. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
As an organisation we are currently rated as ‘Good’ by His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services and by recruiting the right individual with the right skills, ability and knowledge, this will ensure our continued success.
Information about the Department
The Control Complex is a continually staffed Fire & Rescue Service Mobilising and Communications Centre, equipped to deal with the receipt of emergency calls and the alerting and dispatching of Fire & Rescue Service resources, within its mobilising area. The department is responsible for:
· The acceptance of emergency and non-emergency calls from a range of sources
· Mobilising resources in accordance with our CRMP
· Maintaining communication with resources
· Maintaining information on Fire & Rescue Service operational resources and personnel including operational daily staffing
· Liaising with other emergency and non-emergency agencies
· Survival Guidance Advice to callers (Fires and Special Service Calls)
· A number of support functions including management of risk data held within mobilising systems, performance management, in-house L & D/training provided by control staff
About the role
Expressions of interest are now invited for Control vacancies that may become available within the next 12 months at Firefighter, Crew Manager and Watch Manager level.
· Currently a competent Firefighter, Crew Manager or Watch Manager Control employed by a Local Authority Fire and Rescue Service
· Competence being evidenced against the UKFRS National Occupational Standards (NOS)
· Please note that all applicants will be required to provide evidence of being competent in role.
This is an open-ended expression of interest and as such there are no set timescales for the process.
Successful applicants will be subject to our pre-employment screening process which includes an occupational health medical and substance abuse test. We will also conduct right to work, DBS and reference checks.
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters are located in purpose built premises based in Washington, within easy reach of the A1 and A19. On site facilities include a staff gym, ample free parking and canteen facilities.
Interested in applying?
Further details can be found in the accompanying role maps. Please upload the enclosed expression of interest form to the supporting statement section of your application form. CV’s and cover letters are not accepted.
Further information about our Service can be found by visiting www.twfire.gov.uk and our various social media channels. Informal contact can be made to Andrew Lineham, Control Manager via Andrew.Lineham@twfire.gov.uk
Thank you and good luck!