Prevention Of Future Deaths
Summary of Prevention of Future Deaths Reports
The NFCC organisational learning team now compiles a quarterly summary of Prevention of Future Death Reports (Regulation 28s) (Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0) to provide you with one set of data relevant for fire and rescue services. By collating a summary at a national level, the aim is to reduce the amount of time and resource required at a local level to review and analyse reports, reduce duplication of effort across all UK FRS and provide a streamlined set of data for services.
The first quarterly PFD summary provides data for January to March 2023.
The data includes:
- Link to PFD report
- Option to filter by business area to help you find relevant reports
- Suggested actions required locally and nationally
- Keywords for optional trends analysis
Release dates for future PFD report summaries
Further summaries will be published in the first week of each quarter and provide data for the quarter before:
- April to June 2023 PFD summary, published July 2023
- July to September 2023 PFD summary, published October 2023
- October to December 2023 PFD summary, published January 2024
- January to March 2024 PFD summary published April 2024.
NFCC will continue to review PFD reports on a regular basis throughout each quarter. During the review process, if there is a report that NFCC deems a priority to share an update on, relevant communications will be provided.
Further information Find out more about the new NFCC organisational learning arrangements or contact us: OrganisationalLearning@nfcc.org.uk