Fire control Fire survival guidance – Full suite
Closing Date: 28/05/2021
Consultation Status: Closed
The consultation for the National Operational Guidance for the full suite of fire survival guidance has now commenced. The consultation will close at midday on Friday 28th May 2021.
The full suite of fire survival guidance includes survival guidance and safety advice for:
- Building fire
- People in or on modes of transport
- People on fire
Fire survival guidance for people at risk in a building fire has already been subject to consultation and sign off and does not need to be reviewed again. Please do not submit comments for fire survival guidance building fire.
The full suite of fire survival guidance has been written to compliment other pieces of guidance, including Emergency call management – people at risk. Emergency call management – people at risk will include guidance that is applicable to all calls involving people at risk, including:
- Evacuation guidance
- Reassurance to callers
- Multiple calls about people at risk
- Joint situational awareness
Once the full suite of fire survival guidance is complete, it will be added to a complete suite of survival guidance which includes water survival guidance.
What happens after the consultation has closed?
All the consultation responses will be considered by the content team with appropriate amendments made, prior to the draft guidance being presented to the Project board. If you have any questions about the consultation, please email FireCPO@nationalfirechiefs.org.uk
How to participate in the consultation
- We recommend that you read the draft Fire control fire survival guidance – Full suite – consultation.pdf content before completing your review
- Hyperlinks to places within this guidance, or to other sections of guidance may not currently function; this will be addressed at point of publication
- Please provide sufficient detail in your comments for us to determine what content they relate to, along with the line number of the pdf document
- Read through all the questions in the Consultation survey for Fire control fire survival guidance – Full suite – Microsoft forms.pdf before starting the consultation
- It is not mandatory to respond to all the survey questions; you are welcome to only complete those areas that you have an interest or expertise in
- Please be aware that you will need to complete the survey in one session; for this reason, we strongly suggest that you capture your responses in the below Consultation survey for fire survival guidance – full suite – Word version.docx before transferring them into the online survey, so that you will not lose your feedback in the event of technical issues
- When you are ready, please click on this link to complete the survey: Fire control survival guidance – full suite
Thank you for taking the time to complete the consultation survey. Your views are important to us.