Transferee Opportunities Fire Control - Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Services (REF: FC/HFRS)
Listed 03 August 2023
Location: Fire Control, Stevenage
Directorate: Community Protection
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
This opportunity is available for competent personnel at the rank of Leading Fire Control Operator (Crew Commander), Senior Fire Control Operator (Watch Commander) and Station Commanders who are interested in transferring to Hertfordshire Fire Control at their current level of responsibility. If you are seeking a change and want to play a crucial role in making the communities of Hertfordshire safer, we want to hear from you. About us:
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is a dynamic and forward-looking organisation with a highly regarded Fire Control. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change, and is never complacent. Our fire control operators are skilled in specialist call handling techniques to assess situations and mobilise appliances. Our call handlers are also trained to give specialist fire survival guidance in life-threatening situations. This opportunity is open to Fire Control operators who are currently employed by a Local Authority Fire and Rescue Service within the UK, either as a:
- Competent and substantive Leading Fire Control Operator (Crew Commander)
- Competent and substantive Senior Fire Control Operator (Watch Commander)
- Competent and substantive Station Commanders
- Evidence of competency in your current role
- Minimum two years’ experience in the rank of Fire Control Operator
- Experience in the full range of Fire Control Operators duties and responsibilities
About the role:
- To receive emergency and non-emergency telephone calls.
- To mobilise resources in response to emergency calls and/or requests for assistance using the mobilising system provided.
- To inform officers and other agencies of incidents in accordance with Control Room Instructions and Service Orders.
- To maintain statistical records and operational information e.g. Officer availability and resources, availability data and operate computerised information retrieval systems.
- To formulate watch training plans, hold training sessions and identify the training and development needs of both individuals and the team.
- To ensure that training and performance records are kept and completed.
- To participate in and supervise the routine testing of equipment and systems within the department.
- Excellent promotional opportunity.
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Shopping discounts.
- Support Groups and Wellbeing Schemes.
Application and Initial Training:
Successful candidates will be required to pass a relevant gateway assessment process and attend a familiarisation training programme.
Control Crew Commander apply Here
Control Watch Commander apply Here
For Control Station Commander, please express your interest Here
Job descriptions are provided below.
As part of your application, you will be prompted to provide evidence of your competency in your current role. Failure to provide this information may result in your application not being processed.
At Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue we have strong values and RISE to the challenge of improving Residents lives, working with Integrity, acting Sustainably and championing Equality and fairness. We aim to recruit a workforce which represents the communities we serve by giving equal opportunities to all.
For an informal discussion about this role or to request an Expression of Interest form, contact Jamie Farrelly on 07811035003 or email Jamie.Farrelly@hertfordshire.gov.uk