Peer support: Sector-led improvement
Sector-led improvement peer support: Summary of the 2021/22 offer
In response to the sector’s views, the Local Government Association have worked with the National Fire Chiefs Council to strengthen our peer review offer. This is a reflection of the position we all find ourselves in as we continue to live and work within the environment of a pandemic.
Following the introduction of inspection through Her Majesties Inspectorate of Constabularies and Fire and Rescue Services, we recognise continuous improvement is key to both services and the sector. This offer is building on the strong peer-based approach of which we already have, but provides a more agile, appropriate and targeted approach.
New offer of Peer support
The new offer of Peer support is based around the following:
- Remote Peer Support – support will be provided remotely
- More detailed interviews and discussions, which are all remotely facilitated using a similar approach to the traditional peer challenges
- Whilst the approach will be dependent on the scope
- Targeted delivery through an offer that focuses on a specific issue or set of issues the service wants to review in greater depth
- Uses sector competent peers to provide the support.
Services have already been using the bespoke joint Peer support in different ways to deliver continuous improvement and feedback has been positive about the experience.
Whilst it is recognised we are all in a response to Covid, if you are interested in finding out more about targeted LGA and NFCC Peer support then please contact your LGA regional representative.