National Fire Chiefs Council Limited
The National Fire Chiefs Council is a committee of National Fire Chiefs Council Limited (formerly Chief Fire Officers Association CFOA) which is a registered charity and company. National Fire Chiefs Council Limited is responsible for the financial administration of the charity.
Visit the membership page to find out more about the different types of membership and the benefits.
Board of Trustees
National Fire Chiefs Council Limited has a board of trustees which manage the Association, ensure appropriate governance and have oversight of the trading activities. Trustees have been selected to represent the range of governance models in place across the FRS:
- Independent Chair: Nick Ross
- Independent Trustees: Catherine Skinner, Dan Wood and David Stout
Trustees representing the individual membership
- Wayne Bowcock, Royal Berkshire FRS
- Ross Haggart, Scottish FRS
- Roger Thomas, Mid and West Wales FRS
- Andy Roe, London Fire Brigade
- Shantha Dickinson, Hampshire & IoW FRS
- Member trustee: Louise Taylor, Derbyshire FRS
- To lead, co-ordinate and support effective prevention, protection and emergency response – locally and nationally – to reduce the loss of life, personal injury and damage to property and the environment which can arise from fire, accident, major incidents and other emergencies
- To support fire and rescue services in transforming their role to meet changing demands and resources for the benefit of the society;
- To promote effective service delivery by working with partner organisations, governments and private sector bodies and the community; and
- To maximise the effectiveness of the UK fire and rescue services in saving lives and increasing public safety by representing the professional voice of the United Kingdom’s Fire and Rescue Services.
The Association has existed since 1941, becoming a company limited by guarantee on 2 December 1998, and a registered charity on 19 February 1999.