NFCC Firefighter Pension Schemes Lead
We are advertising an excellent opportunity for an NFCC/FRS colleague to step into a national leadership role and support NFCC and FRS colleagues.
Don’t be put off by the expectation of a national role, there is support available and colleagues will work with you to support the national work under your leadership.
After many years as National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) Firefighter Pension Schemes lead, CFO Ian Hayton will be stepping down from this lead role as he retires. Ian has led this liaison and advisory role superbly and this is an opportunity for a new lead to progress with this work, and work closely with national partners who lead on pensions.
The Work of the NFCC Pensions Lead Role
- To represent NFCC’s interests to central government and other bodies on firefighter pensions policy,
- Provide advice, information or guidance to CFOs, Scheme Managers and fire and rescue services in relation to the legislation and effective management of the Firefighters’ Pension Schemes (FPSs)
- Provide draft responses to consultations from the Secretary of State on any proposed changes to the Firefighters’ Pension Schemes (FPSs).
- Lead on communication with/from NFCC on pension related matters
- On behalf of the NFCC, liaise with the Home Office, FPS England Scheme Advisory Board, Local Government Association Pensions Unit, National Police Chiefs Council Pensions Unit on pension related matters.
Stakeholders / Key Contacts include
- Scheme Advisory Board
- Local Government Association Pensions Unit
- NPCC Pensions Unit
- NFCC Scheme Managers
- Home Office Pensions Unit
- NFCC Finance Committee
- FRS SPoCs
Using the Application Form, please submit an expression of interest of up to 500 words which sets out your suitability for the lead role. Please send your expression of interest to email@example.com by the deadline.
Closing Date: 12.00 (midday) on Friday 1 December 2023