We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated strategic manager to take on the role of NFCC Strategic International lead. The International Lead works with Fire & Rescue sector professionals to develop and maintain relationships with international organisations relating to the fire and rescue service and supports the promotion of the UK fire sector to other countries.
On the worldwide stage, this role aims to support and build upon the work previously done by the Joint International Fire Board in developing international trade to export expertise and products from across the UK fire and rescue private and public sector.
By building stronger international relationships the role ensures best practice, learning and research from across the world is shared and helps shape our own professional standards and practices here in the UK.
Some examples of organizations we work with include;
- The Institution Fire Engineers
- National Fire Protection Association
- Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council
- Federation of European Union Fire Officers Association (FEU)
- Metro Chiefs (US)
- Abu Dhabi Civil Defence Authority
- various government departments
Due to the diverse work across Fire & Rescue Sectors, this role acts as a central coordination point to promote the NFCC on the international stage, identifying opportunities that would be mutually beneficial to our international partners as a well as the UK fire and rescue sector.
The role will work closely with the NFCC Commercial Team to support the NFCC Commercial strategy in identifying and building relationships with international FRSs to generate a sustainable income for the NFCC.
The NFCC Strategic International Lead will:
- Chair the International Group
- Be a member of the NFCC Improvement Committee
- Liaise with the NFCC Improvement Committee Chair as appropriate.
- Take forward work to develop and maintain relationships with international organisations relating to the fire and rescue service and support the promotion of the UK fire sector to other countries.
The importance of international influences on fire and rescue services is clear. This advert sets out the scope and extent of the work required and will allow the successful candidate an opportunity to build on our excellent work to date. Expressions of interest are invited from strategic managers.
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the attached form, please submit an expression of interest of up to 500 words which sets out your suitability and headline plans for the lead role.
Your completed expression of interest is to be sent to email@example.com by the deadline of 12.00 (midday) on Wednesday 20 December 2023